National Qualification in Emergency Medical Technology EMT level.
Book your place on the Emergency Medical Technician course with a €400 deposit today.
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is a 160 hour fully certified course covering anatomy and physiology; patient assessments; respiratory emergencies; medical emergencies; obstetric emergencies; trauma including spinal emergencies; paediatric emergencies; ambulance operations; communications; pharmacology; intramuscular injections; pre-hospital emergency care legislation and ethical considerations.
Directed at people looking to enter the ambulance services and other emergency services that use licensed practitioners to provide emergency care, the skills learned on this course are vital for anyone practicing pre-hospital emergency care, for example, those in a retained or full time fire service, Gardai or policing environment, mountain rescue role, coast guard rescue, the defence forces or anyone who would like to have a recognised national medical practitioners qualification prior to entering or applying for an emergency service.
Beware of cheaper versions of this course!
ESTI will provide all EMT trainees with:
- A full uniform for classroom training and for use when on placements, this promotes a professional ethos
- A minimum of 120 hours of lectures and practical training (Phase 1)
- At least 40 hours of relevant clinical placements in an ambulance on successful completion of Phase 1
- Insurance for students when on placement, which is included in the course price
- Free revision and Exam Preparation Days prior to each type of exam sitting, theory and practical
- The most modern, user friendly, manuals and training facilities available including ESTI moodle for distance learning
Instruction at ESTI is delivered by the most experienced paramedic and advanced paramedic tutors who are all registered with the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council and operational on frontline ambulances in Ireland. This is also a great course for anyone considering paramedic training in the future. Qualification as an EMT is a pre-requisite for those that are attending the ESTI International Paramedic program
There are no prerequisites for access onto the EMT course.
Please complete the Course Registration Forms below and a member of our team will be in touch.
Discounts are available on all our courses to members of the emergency services and voluntary services. Valid ID will be requested.
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)